After being inspired by the #RaiseTheSteaks campaign that we took part in recently, we made this BBQ Summer Fruits Marinated Steak with Fruity Chutney to make our barbecue more exciting.
A Healthy and Flavourful BBQ
This BBQ Summer Fruits Marinated Steak with Fruity Chutney is so easy to make. The steak takes on the flavour of the summer fruits brilliantly. The fruity chutney is a tasty replacement for the usual ketchup. Above all, this recipe is very healthy.
BBQ Summer Fruits Marinated Steak with Fruity Chutney Recipe
500g frozen summer fruits, defrosted
100ml apple cider vinegar
1 red onion, chopped
1-2cm square of fresh ginger, grated
1 Red and 1 green apple, chopped
1tbsp vegetable oil
Lettuce, raisins and ciabatta to serve
1. Cut the steaks into squares or strips. We used rump steak and tenderised it.
2. Fry the onion and ginger for a few minutes in a large frying pan.
3. Add the defrosted summer fruits. Stir.
4. Boil the fruity mixture. Turn down the heat to simmer.
5. Add the sugar and the apple cider vinegar.
6. Slice the aubergine.
7. Set aside some fruity mixture to cool on a plate or in a sterilised jar. Blend the fruity mixture when the sauce has thickened.
8. Transfer the steak and aubergine slices to a large dish. Cover the steak and aubergines with the fruity marinate.
9. Leave for 30 minutes to overnight.
10. Place the marinated steak slices and the aubergine slices on the BBQ or on the griddle. Cook for 2 minutes for rare, 4 minutes for medium or 6 minutes for well done.
11. Toast the slice ciabattas and prepare the lettuce, apple chunks and raisins.
Have you tried any of these barbecue recipes yet? Which is your favourite?
If you liked this recipe, please Pin it or share with a friend that might enjoy it!