As someone who cannot eat eggs or dairy yet loves Spaghetti Carbonara, I have struggled to find a suitable alternative. I recently found a great product in Holland and Barrett called Sheese that has helped me to make a dairy and egg free dish that is as close to the taste of Spaghetti Carbonara as I remember it.
Dairy Free and Egg Free Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe
- 160g dried spaghetti
- 4 rashers of smoked bacon, cut into squares
- 1 tbsp of Garlic and Herb Sheese
- Vegetable or sunflower oil for frying
- Cook the dried spaghetti in a pan of boiling water for 10-12 minutes.
- Cut the bacon into squares and fry in a little oil. Make sure you use a non-stick pan.
- Remove the spaghetti from the heat and drain.
- Add 1 tbsp. of Garlic and Herb Sheese to the bacon and stir.
- Continue to stir the Sheese until it is soft (about 30 seconds to 1 minute).
- Add the spaghetti to the bacon and Sheese. Stir until combined.
- Plate up and enjoy!
After years of not being able to eat Carbonara, I really enjoy having this dish again now. I sometimes add a bit more Garlic and Herb Sheese, for a deeper flavour.
Do you have any dairy free and egg free Spaghetti Carbonara recipes?