We have been in the kitchen again, making dairy free and egg free biscuit recipes for the #BloggersBakeAlong with the Great British Bake Off. For this week’s challenge, we opted for the biscuit box with different flavoured biscuits inside. Actually, we didn’t make the box. We did make a variety of biscuits though that were based on the same recipe. This recipe is inspired by a World War Two recipe and I have added the different flavours for the different biscuits.
Baking is so much fun and these biscuits would make such a great gift for a birthday or other special occasion. You can check That Sweet Gift for more gift ideas for bakers.
Dairy Free and Egg Free Biscuit Recipes #BloggersBakeAlong
- 150g Stork block (not tub spread as this is not dairy free)
- 150g sugar
- 3 tbsp. Golden Syrup
- 525g plain flour
- 1.5 tsps. bicarbonate of soda
- Biscuit 1: A few drops of vanilla essence
- Biscuit 2: 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- Biscuit 3: 2 tbsps. raisins
- Biscuit 4: The finely grated rind of one small lemon and lemon juice to taste
- Put the Stork, sugar and syrup into a pan. On a low to medium heat, melt and combine.
- Put the flour and the bicarbonate of soda into a bowl.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients. Add enough water to make a firm dough.
- Split the dough into four equal balls.
- Biscuit dough ball 1: Add a few drops of vanilla essence and knead together.
- Biscuit dough ball 2: Sprinkle cinnamon over the dough and knead to combine.
- Biscuit dough ball 3: Knead the raisins into the dough to combine.
- Biscuit dough ball 4: Add the rind and some of the lemon juice, with a little extra flour, to combine.
- Roll out each dough ball in turn until the dough is about 5mm thick.
- Cut out the dough into the shapes you prefer or make them into small balls for a softer centre when cooked.
- Place on baking parchment and bake at 160C (fan) for 8 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Enjoy with a cup of tea or fresh lemon juice.
If you like this recipe or know someone that would appreciate a dairy free and/or egg free recipe, please Pin this to Pinterest. Thank you!