After spending time picking up fallen apples from my Gran’s apple tree, we blanched some then made this delicious apple pie recipe. This recipe has always been made by Gran and Mum so I am carrying on the tradition by making it for my children. They both really enjoy tasting this recipe.
Apple Pie Recipe
A bag of the frozen, blanched apples, defrosted
A roll of Jus Roll puff pastry
1 tbsp sugar
Ground cinnamon, to taste
Soya milk, to brush on top of the pastry
1. Make sure the apples are defrosted. Heat the fan oven to 180 degrees.
2. Line the bottom of a pyrex dish, a tin, a dish or an aluminium foil disposable pie tray, with puff pastry.
3. Stir the sugar and cinnamon into the bag of apples.
4. Place all of the apple mixture onto the pastry inside the dish. (Alternatively, put a layer of apples on top of the pastry in the dish. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon then repeat the layers.)
5. Cover with more pastry and make a small hole in the centre, to let the steam out.
6. Brush the top layer of pastry with a small amount of soya milk so that it doesn’t burn in the oven.
7. Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
8. Enjoy your apple pie!
There are lots more dairy free and egg free recipes on my Pinterest board. It would be great to see you over there. Please re-pin anything that you think others would find useful or tasty!