I have not been able to find and easy dairy free and egg free lasagne recipe so I thought that I’d make one myself. This one is based on a recipe that my Mum has made for years but is tailored to my food intolerances. It does not contain dairy, eggs, bell peppers or chilli peppers.
As a single parent, I like to make recipes that are value for money and are nutritious for my growing children. My Granddad was a dairy and chicken farmer, who dedicated his life to the family farm. I have always made sure that I have bought British, farm assured meats from the supermarket or buy meat from the local butchers. I always look out for the Red Tractor mark. This recipe is part of the live slow campaign.
What is Slow Living?
- Slow Walking – having a walk in nature with friends and family, rather than working out in the gym or in front of the television.
- Slow Travel – We try to practice this by staying close to home, by enjoying our journeys (mainly walking) which helps us to feel calmer and helps us to explore our surroundings.
- Slow Parenting and families – By finding ways for S and H to enjoy their free time by being creative and engaging with life more deeply.
- Slow Education – Learning new skills for daily life, such as cooking, sewing, music to help you stretch and grow.
- Slow Money -Using your money more wisely to support your own well being as well as that of others and the planet.
I think having a deeper connection with the world around us and considering our surroundings as well as our own lives, is a good way to reduce stress. It certainly is the case in our house.
Our Easy Dairy Free and Egg Free Lasagne Recipe
For the meat:
750g Red Tractor minced beef
Tin of tomatoes
2 onions, chopped
Broccoli, broken into florets
2 carrots, sliced
3tsp tomato puree
8-10 Egg-free Lasagne sheets
For the sauce:
30g Stork block
30g plain flour
450ml Soya milk
100g Strong soya cheese, grated
Ground pepper, to taste
Brown the beef mince in a frying pan. Add the diced onions, chopped carrots and broccoli. Cook for a few minutes.
Pour in the chopped tinned tomatoes and tomato puree and stir the mixture together. Add some water, depending on the consistency that you would like for your dish. Leave to simmer, with a lid on for about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt the Stork block in a small pan and add the plain flour. Cook for a minute, on medium heat. Stir continuously.
Add the soya milk gradually, whisking all the time. Add enough milk to make a thick sauce. Finally, mix in the grated cheese to make a cheesy sauce.
Get a large casserole dish and put a layer of the beef mince mixture on the base of the dish. Layer with several of the egg free lasagne sheets.
Cover the lasagne sheets with a layer of the cheese sauce. Repeat by layering the mince, lasagne sheets and the sauce.
Place in the oven at 180 degrees C (fan) for 25 minutes.
Remove from the oven and enjoy your easy dairy free and egg free lasagne with salad, garlic bread or chips.
Disclosure: This is a Collaborative Post with Simply Beef and Lamb.