I have recently been tagged by the lovely Zena to answer eleven questions about myself. You can read Zena’s post here. I was tagged by Bex too so I am going to write another post to answer her questions too.
1. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
I imagine I will be continuing to work hard on everything I do. My children will be older so I will be able to concentrate more on work and being myself again. I would hope that my blog has really taken off by then as I would have more time to concentrate on it. With that and the future Lottery win, I will be having a great time in five years.
2. What one toy would you throw repeatedly against a brick wall?
The noisy toy hoover that my daughter got from her Dad. It is so loud that it gives me a headache as soon as I see it, let alone hear it. Stupid thing. Definitely deserves the brick wall treatment.
3. Where is your happy place?
At home. I absolutely love being at home. After spending several years moving from one place to another, I have settled in my own little bit of the world with my children and dog. I feel so relaxed at home, even though it is my workplace too.
4. If the next song you heard was going to be the last one you ever heard, what would you listen to and why?
‘Don’t Stop Me Now!’ by Queen just because Queen are ace and it seems fitting for such an occasion.
5. What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
Probably the one where I worked in a Children’s Play Area. It was bad because this is what my job was supposed to be but instead, they put me behind a bar in a different area. I’d never pulled a pint in my life but they immediately left me on my own with no idea what I was doing, no bottle opener, and a hand written price list on a board outside the bar. I did not have my glasses on that day so I couldn’t see any of the prices. They also didn’t tell me that the till needed a special button to be pressed to get it open. Absolute disaster. Next day, they put me in the play area as I complained. The other girls working there and I were all told to get changed into uniforms only for the boss to walk in on us and have a good gawp. Apparently, this was not uncommon for him to do. Bottom slapping was also the norm. I left pretty swiftly after this. A week later, a dead body was found in the lake outside this place. Such an awful two weeks!
6. What ‘bad’ thing did you do as a kid that your parents never found out about?
I was a good girl. Honest.
7. If you could go anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would it be and why?
I would love to visit the South of France and travel to see Italy too. These places always sound so idyllic. The scenery, calmness and rich history certainly appeal to me.
8. What were your favourite sweets as a kid?
Fruit Salads, Kola Kubes, Werthers Originals and Sherbert Lemons.
9. What’s your favourite movie of all time?
This is a difficult one. I love Pulp Fiction, Fight Club, Bridesmaids, Vanilla Sky, Chicago, The Goonies and Labyrinth but I would say that The Blues Brothers is my favourite.
10. Who is the most famous person you have ever met?
I met Nigel Havers, as he awarded me my degree. I have also Carol Smillie briefly at Britmums Live. I saw Sue Pollard in a nightclub once but I can’t remember if I spoke to her or not.
11. Which do you like best, Facebook or Twitter?
I love Facebook more but I am getting much more into Twitter now. I like Facebook more as I get to talk to my friends that have moved away from our local area to other countries and other counties. I find it easier to keep in touch with them this way.
Over to you
So there we are. I have answered Zena’s Eleven Things about myself. I now tag Bekaah from The Cliques Blog and Lynette at Reclusive Fox to answer these eleven questions about themselves:
1. What was your favourite toy as a child?
2. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
3. What is the best family day out you’ve ever been on (as a child or an adult)?
4. Which film is always guaranteed to make you laugh?
5. Which sport do you enjoy playing the most?
6. If you won a million pounds tomorrow, what would be the first thing you would buy?
7. What is your favourite snack?
8. What is the most useful tip/hack that you know? For example, in the kitchen, for life in general, etc.
9. Do you play a musical instrument, if so, which one?
10. Do you prefer holidays at the beach, in the countryside or in the city?
11. What is your must-have fashion item this summer?
I look forward to reading all of your Eleven Things answers 🙂