After being inspired by the #RaiseTheSteaks campaign that we took part in recently, we made this BBQ Summer Fruits Marinated Steak with Fruity Chutney to make our barbecue more exciting.
A Healthy and Flavourful BBQ
This BBQ Summer Fruits Marinated Steak with Fruity Chutney is so easy to make. The steak takes on the flavour of the summer fruits brilliantly. The fruity chutney is a tasty replacement for the usual ketchup. Above all, this recipe is very healthy.
You can find our Citrus Dip with new potatoes recipe here and our tomato and mushroom new potato recipe here, for more inspiration and to include more flavours in your barbecue feast this summer.
BBQ Summer Fruits Marinated Steak with Fruity Chutney Recipe
- 500g frozen summer fruits, defrosted
- 45g sugar
- 100ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1-2cm square of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 Aubergine
- 1 Red and 1 green apple, chopped
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
Lettuce, raisins and ciabatta to serve
1. Cut the steaks into squares or strips. We used rump steak and tenderised it.
2. Fry the onion and ginger for a few minutes in a large frying pan.
3. Add the defrosted summer fruits. Stir.
4. Boil the fruity mixture. Turn down the heat to simmer.
5. Add the sugar and the apple cider vinegar.
6. Slice the aubergine.
7. Set aside some fruity mixture to cool on a plate or in a sterilised jar. Blend the fruity mixture when the sauce has thickened.
8. Transfer the steak and aubergine slices to a large dish. Cover the steak and aubergines with the fruity marinate.
9. Leave for 30 minutes to overnight.
10. Place the marinated steak slices and the aubergine slices on the BBQ or on the griddle. Cook for 2 minutes for rare, 4 minutes for medium or 6 minutes for well done.
11. Toast the slice ciabattas and prepare the lettuce, apple chunks and raisins.