I now have a couple of days per week to focus on my blogging due to H starting her extra hours at Nursery. I have had lots of ideas about what I would like to write about on my blog for a while now but have not been able to do them as time just escaped me before. In the run up to Christmas I was juggling three jobs, caring for both children (with one with me pretty much all of the time) as well as the usual housework, meals and other everyday tasks to get through. Since the January term began, I have felt much more relaxed and I am starting to feel more focussed. I am now able to concentrate more on my blog and the Social Media that goes with it.
To start with, I was all over the place. I think that these fifteen hours of Nursery per week gave me more time away from both children than I’d ever had before. I must say, I did feel a little lost to start with. Suddenly, I could do all this writing that I wanted to do and had thought about so much but the problem was that I wanted to complete all of my ideas all at once. If I have an idea, I like to write about it immediately but there were so many ideas that I started a few posts and then didn’t get them completed. Whoops!
Now that I’ve had a few weeks to get into having time to myself to write at my own pace, rather than quickly while H is napping or in the half hour that both children leave me alone during the evening, I am feeling much more relaxed and organised. I have bought myself a big black diary to help me to focus on tasks I need to do every day. I had forgotten how much just writing to do lists in a diary helps me to focus. I am actually enjoying getting my thoughts ordered and myself more organised in this way.
I have written some aims/goals that I would like to achieve, with regards to my blog to help me to focus even more.
- To join in with lots more linkies this year.
- To complete Project 365 for 2015.
- To write more blog posts per week.
- To interact with my Facebook Page more often and to learn how to use Google + more effectively.
- To take better photographs and to remember to watermark them! I will do this by taking part in more Instagram challenges and also by joining more photo linkies.
- To take one full day off from blogging per week to concentrate fully on having fun with the children. Ok, I *may* take photos of the children on these days for the blog so not a complete break.
- To discover new blogs every week to read and comment on (I’d like to use Bloglovin’ much more).
- To take part in more Twitter chats. I already attend a few each week but I am finding them addictive so am hoping to find more.
- To write more recipes to go on my blog, rather than just making them and eating the food before I’ve taken any photos for a blog post.
- To join more Blogger Networks.
Lists help me to focus. Fingers crossed that I will achieve all of my aims. What is your focus for today/this week/this year? Do you have any tips to help me with my aims?