Here is our Sundried Tomato and Mushroom New Potatoes recipe which is a side dish that works very well as part of a barbecue menu or for party food. It is so easy to make yet is packed full of flavour.
We looked in our fridge and cupboards to see which foods we had to make a side dish for our summer barbecue. We often go to the shop to buy extra foods but as we are trying to cut our food bill lately, we decided to only use foods that we already had in the house. It worked very well and we didn’t spend a penny extra.
You can find our other barbecue recipes her: Steak with Citrus Dip and citrus new potatoes and BBQ Summer Fruits Steak Marinade and Chutney. We also have a very useful post about how to clean your barbecue for the summer months.
Sundried Tomato and Mushroom New Potatoes Recipe
500g new potatoes
A few sundried tomatoes. We used 7.
A handful of mushrooms, cubed
1tbsp vegetable oil
1. Boil new potatoes in a pan of water for around 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Chop the sundried tomatoes and mushrooms in to small cubes.
3. Fry the chopped sundried tomatoes and mushrooms in the vegetable oil. Put on a medium to low heat.
4. Remove the potatoes from the pan and cut into cubes.
5. Mix all ingredients in a bowl and serve with barbecued meats.
This dish can be served hot or put in the fridge and served cold. Either is delicious!