After a friend of mine had a scary experience with her boiler, we have all realised the importance of servicing the boiler regularly.
My friend recently had a baby. When her baby was a few weeks old, we spent some time visiting and meeting baby. We were having a lovely day with lots of baby snuggles when we decided to go for a walk into town to help baby go to sleep after all the excitement of meeting new people.
A Smell of Gas in the Kitchen
On our return, I went into the kitchen to put the kettle on. Continue reading The Importance of Servicing the Boiler
As a mother of two young children, I am always wanting to keep my children safe and recently I have been thinking about how to protect ourselves from the dangers of Carbon Monoxide. After reading that each year in the UK, 200 people are taken to hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning and about 40 people die, I felt quite shocked that these figures are so high. So many families have gas appliances in their homes yet about one in six of them, inspected by the Gas Safe Register over the last three years, have been found to be unsafe. More alarmingly, they also found that one in eleven have an unsafe boiler.
Continue reading Carbon Monoxide Awareness