With the new tax year upon us, I have been thinking about how to reduce our utility bills. At this time of the year, I always sit down to review my finances. I have noticed that we seem to be overspending on many of our utility bills lately. When Contact Numbers UK asked if I’d like to take part in #ChallengeMyBills, I thought that this would be the perfect opportunity to really look into how to make savings on my bills.
How to Reduce Your Utility Bills: Take the Time to Review Your Bills
This may seem obvious but without setting out a specific time to review your bills, this is a job that can be put off. Sitting down at Christmas and again in April and August to check through my finances seems to work for me. I check at Christmas because that is an expensive time of year. April is a good time to check your finances due to it being the new tax year and August is a time when my home and car insurances need renewing.
How an Excel Spreadsheet Can Help to Save You Money on Your Utility Bills
I use my Excel spreadsheet to Continue reading #ChallengeMyBills How to Reduce Your Utility Bills with Contact Numbers UK
After a friend of mine had a scary experience with her boiler, we have all realised the importance of servicing the boiler regularly.
My friend recently had a baby. When her baby was a few weeks old, we spent some time visiting and meeting baby. We were having a lovely day with lots of baby snuggles when we decided to go for a walk into town to help baby go to sleep after all the excitement of meeting new people.
A Smell of Gas in the Kitchen
On our return, I went into the kitchen to put the kettle on. Continue reading The Importance of Servicing the Boiler
As a mother of two young children, I am always wanting to keep my children safe and recently I have been thinking about how to protect ourselves from the dangers of Carbon Monoxide. After reading that each year in the UK, 200 people are taken to hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning and about 40 people die, I felt quite shocked that these figures are so high. So many families have gas appliances in their homes yet about one in six of them, inspected by the Gas Safe Register over the last three years, have been found to be unsafe. More alarmingly, they also found that one in eleven have an unsafe boiler.
Continue reading Carbon Monoxide Awareness