This week, we have tried out some V8 V-Fusion juice. We were given passion fruit, mango and carrot as well as the raspberry and beetroot juices to review. Both juices contain half fruit and half vegetable, which contribute to two of your five-a-day.
This V8 Juice is great for us, as it contains none of the foods that my daughter and I are intolerant to. We tried both flavours of the V8 Juice and my children decided that they liked the passion fruit, mango and carrot juice best out of the two, even though they liked the other also.
We decided to use the V8 Juices in two recipes: Sweet Mango and Carrot Chicken and Raspberry and Beetroot Cakes.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 mango, sliced
- 300ml Passion Fruit, Mango and Carrots V8 V-Fusion Juice (or more if you want to have a runnier sauce)
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to season the chicken
- Mashed potato, rice or cous cous to serve.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Put the olive oil into a frying pan and heat.
- Fry the chicken until golden brown.
- Add the sliced carrots and sliced mango to the pan and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the V8 Juice to the pan and cover. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- If you want a thicker sauce, take the lid off so that it can reduce down. If you want a runnier sauce, add more V8 Juice.
- Make sure the chicken is well cooked before serving.
- Serve with mashed potato, rice or cous cous.
Click on the link to see our Raspberry and Beetroot Cake recipe.
Disclosure: We were given a carton of V8 V-Fusion Juice in exchange for this post. All opinions are honest and my own.